Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Least Stressful Job

I found out some good news today. Will and I have the least stressful jobs in America!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/relax-here-are-5-least-stressful-jobs-1B7835618

I was initially kind of irritated when I read this with some of the assumptions that went into the article - like professors getting to teach however much/little they wanted to and having no deadlines (!??!). But I am 100% sure that the "most stressful jobs" (like enlisted military personnel, firefighters, etc.) have much much MUCH more stressful jobs.

How would you rate your job - stressful or un-stressful?

3 comments:

Will said...

I think they left out the 'tenured' in front of professor. Maybe it should have read 'Tenured Humanities Professor at a Small Liberal Arts School' but then the pay they have listed is too high.

At least my screwups don't kill anyone... Unless one of my students builds something faulty :(

Brian Hill said...

Don't worry, I recently became a seamstress. I highly recommend this occupation for its therapeutic benefits.

4 is More said...

Will - HA! That must have been it... :)

Brian - that one cracked me up that it was #2. I guess I associated seamstresses with 19th century factory mills... :)