Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday Funday

After our church festivities this morning, we were in for a treat - Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) came up to see us! The extended clan all went to Taco Bell, which we all agreed was understaffed for the lunch rush but still tasty. Here is the clan!

''
'
My sweet mom was concerned that I wasn't in the picture so she snapped one of me to document that I was in fact there, too.


After Taco Bell, we headed back to the Thorntons' house. Baby Greg LOVES to listen to books. Grandma read him several and then Julie read him some Mother Goose poems while he cuddled with my mom. :) Meanwhile, Annika and Daniel had a ball playing with Greg's toys. [In fact, Daniel declared when we were leaving that, "It's not fair that Baby Greg has cooler toys than we do!"]


Festivities then shifted to our house, where I got to show my parents all of the fun places that the smell of cat urine shows up. We then went to visit poor Audrey, our 17.5 year old neurotic housecat whom we have banished to the basement starting this morning. We decided today that due to all of the territorial fighting between the "kittens" vs. Audrey (hence the cat pee everywhere) that we would try separating them for a while. Will got the basement set up for Audrey complete with a comfy chair. When we went downstairs that is exactly where she was, curled up on the comfy chair and looking sad (just as she has every day since we got the kittens). Poor kitty!


After my parents departed, we headed back to church for church meeting night - Will and I are each the vice chairs of our respective committees this year (worship and stewardship & finance - see if you can figure out who is who!). We took home Annika's friend from church, who is spending the night with us tonight - hooray for MLK Day tomorrow with no school for the kids! All of us then headed over to our friends' house, the Schmits, where Will had helped dig the zipline poles yesterday (and today). Their sweet dogs greeted the kids:


Another perk was that both Will and I got to get our baby fix.


Tomorrow is no school for the kids, although I think Will and I will clandestinely split the day at work. Then Tuesday is Back to Reality...

No comments: