I'm eating lunch and just dropped a bunch of money on Blog2Print ordering....printed books of our blog. This is the Hageman Family version of the scrapbook, only it takes 1/8475 the time and energy. Yet one more reason why the "Paperless Society" actually uses WAY more paper than in the past. :)
I did some google searching of the optimal way to create a printed book from a blog. A lot of people like Blurb. You have to download their software, which takes forever. You can then "slurp" (yes. Like a slushee) your blog and it puts it into a basic template, but then requires a ton more editing to be ready to go. I got frustrated just figuring out how to use the editing software. I realized that I had gone about this wrong - I didn't want the best way to created a printed book, I wanted the laziest.
Enter Blog2Print. It is so super easy that it's ridiculous. Type in your blog url, put in the date range that you want, specify if you want entries compact or snapshot (turns out that compact is cheaper but destroys the alignment, so snapshot it was), and BANG. Instant blog book.
We ordered a book for 2008-2010 (the Florida years when we were active in blogging) and a 2012 book (never mind the large gap in the middle). Will convinced me to go with hard cover since we will hopefully have them around for a long time. We should have them in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to seeing them.
In other news, we had our first fire in our wood stove last night! Previously the only time something had been in there was when we discovered the dead squirrels.... :)
When to Pivot and When to Stay the Course
4 days ago

1 comment:
Let me know how this turned out...I'd be interested in this as well!
Post a Comment