Will and I kicked off the first day of the semester today and I am happy to report that we survived. The kids were not too thrilled about going back to school after a fun three-day weekend, but they were much happier at the end of the day than the beginning.
Tonight Annika and I had Girl Scouts! The Brownies worked on getting ready for Thinking Day next month, which is an event where each troop prepares a poster, swaps, food, etc. about a country. Our Brownies are doing Australia and made kangaroo hair ties and the poster tonight. (
I asked one of the other moms for help with the hot glue gun because I have never used one before. She was very nice and said, "I don't think I have ever met anyone who has never used a hot glue gun!" And because she helped...I still haven't.)
We also handed out badges, patches, and cookie awards tonight - the girls above are getting ready for the ceremony (Annika is the second on the left). At home, Will was Day of the Year as always and ironed on all of the new badges and patches - Annika's Brownie sash is now completely covered with not an inch to spare. Good thing she will be a Junior next year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment