Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Warriors

What a busy weekend!

On Friday evening, Will and I had tickets at McCain to see Sweet Honey in the Rock. They are an all-female African-American a cappella group who sings primarily gospel music along with some more contemporary social justice-oriented ones. They were excellent! 


Saturday morning I had a teaching workshop to attend, where I got to hear Coach Bill Snyder speak! Meanwhile, Will took Daniel to another birthday party of a preschool classmate - I think this is something like 3 parties in 3 weeks. :) Daniel's teacher is a saint - I learned that in the class of around 18 students, there are only three girls right now. That means that there are something like FIFTEEN 3-5 year old boys in his class. Holy moly! Good thing Daniel has an absolutely amazing teacher, the saintly Ms. Melody.


Another thing we did on Saturday was attempt to clean up our house. Will found this product to use and the title just made me laugh at how appropriate it was.


We then had a wonderful dinner at our friend Christine and Jeff's house. The kids got to all play first while we had a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit (only the best game EVER! :)) Dinner was yummy and served on their wedding china - very cool! After dinner, it was GAME NIGHT at the Thorntons. While it was no Trivial Pursuit ;), I think we played the second-best game ever....Forbidden Island. I highly highly recommend this game. It is a cooperative strategy game where you all work together as a team to try to escape before you all drown.


We then proceeded to play about the worst game ever, Dirty Names ("naughty clues, clean answers," where "Nothing is as dirty as it seems!") It was so lame that it was hilarious.


Sunday morning, Annika got to acolyte and wear robes! (She is on the left up front.) Love our church!


Another reason I love our church...super awesome church families group! We had our church friends over to watch the Super Bowl tonight and it was a ton of fun. Lots of yummy food, including these meatball footballs that one family brought.


We counted that we had 35 people in our house for the game, including kids and adults! The kids pretty much ran around in a big pack themselves and the adults could actually watch the game on one of the two levels and have some adult conversation. And who would have thought that, after a pretty boring beginning, that the power outage turned it into a real nail biter!


1 comment:

Angela Bunger said...

Looks like a great time last night! Sorry we couldn't make it. And you are right...Ms. Melody IS a saint!!!