I feel like literally all I have done today is monitor the weather and make weather contingency plans.
10:32 a.m. - I receive a phone call from American Airlines that my flight (scheduled to leave tomorrow at 6:10 a.m.) has been cancelled. They have reassigned me to the 11:10 flight tomorrow. This clearly makes sense because the heaviest snow fall is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
11:15 a.m. - My department's administrative assistant calls to see if she can get me on a flight today. Alas, all flights are booked. And it would be an extra $2,000 or so even if they weren't.
12:38 p.m. - K-State sends out a text message that campus will be closed tomorrow "due to an anticipated major winter storm."
1:35 p.m. - USD 383 sends out a text message that all schools will be closed tomorrow "due to impending weather conditions."
2:08 p.m. - In writing this update, I look outside of my office window. Total snow actually falling or on the ground or anywhere nearby: Zero.
No comments:
Post a Comment