It appears that poor Annika has come down with a raging case of the stomach "flu," aka norovius. She first felt sick Wednesday afternoon and has not really been able to keep fluids down since then. Poor girl!
I took her to the doctor today and she is "moderately" dehydrated, so she now is taking anti-nausea medication to try to help her keep fluids down. If she was "severely" dehydrated she would need IV fluids, so thankfully she isn't there yet, although our doctor thought she was about 24 hours away from that, yikes! It also sounds like the norovirus strains around this year are super contagious so that the illness spreads through whole families but can take a week+ for the next person to get sick.
The person who has probably benefited the most from Annika being sick is...Daniel! He has somehow managed to be super SUPER well-behaved the past couple of days and coax a couple of "stay home days" out for himself. (Which means that he has watched A LOT of TV along with Annika....)
In fun news, I had book group at my house last night. We read a wonderful book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which I would highly recommend. In honor of the occasion, Julie made a real Potato Peel Pie. It has a potato peel crust, mashed potato filing, and roasted beets for the topping. It was delicious! Julie said that she "cheated" by adding butter and cheese to the mashed potatoes, so it is probably not as austere as a real World War II version would have been. I also thought it was super cute that "baby" Greg just LOVED the roasted beets and burst into tears when they were gone. :)

1 comment:
That book is AWESOME! I loved it! :) It is one of those books you are sad when it is over b/c you just want to keep 'in touch' with all the characters! :)
Post a Comment