Today was a very special lunch for Daniel and I...Daniel invited me to come eat lunch with his class! I joined them when they were finishing up circle time.
Today's menu was lasagna and Daniel's favorite - garlic bread!
They have cards for each of the kids that show them where to sit each day. Thankfully, Daniel and I got to sit next to each other. :)
Daniel and I finishing up. It was so wonderful to get to see Daniel in the middle of the day, and to have a chance to interact more with the other kids in the class outside of drop-off and pick-up. When it was time to go back, Daniel asked, "Could you do this every Wednesday??" I talked to his teacher and I am going to try to eat lunch once a week with the class. Need to take advantage of him being on-campus while I still can!
After work tonight, Will and I rushed over for Annika's parent-teacher conference at school. She is doing really well this year, and her teacher and the gifted teacher both commented how much she had grown in resiliency since the beginning of the year. Again, amazing what a difference a few years can make!
Then it was time to rush off to...women's basketball! K-State had a promotion where you could get a Family Four Pack for $30 - 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 chips, and 4 giant drinks. Score! We snagged our food (aka "dinner") on the way into the game versus Texas. It was a surprisingly empty crowd.
We met our friends the Schmits there - thanks to them for picking up our tickets! Annika (yes, another Annika!! So cool!), our Annika, and Nathan are cheering on the Cats at the beginning of the game. Or they are just really excited about their giant sodas.
Tammy and her sweet baby Kaia! Kaia was born last year on February 29th, a Leap Year Baby! So instead of a birthday this year, she is going to have an "annual aging celebration" instead. :)
The women's team hasn't been doing too well recently, but I think our presence gave the team the extra advantage - final score was 68 (us) to 47 (Texas). Go Cats!!

No comments:
Post a Comment