Daniel at the lunch table! The kids eat family style and pass around all of the dishes. They have very specific rules on how much they need to take (and what the most allowed is), when they can start eating, etc. I think it is great for helping with socialization and learning family meals (since we are often hit or miss there...)
This is what I was craving all day and probably would have bought for lunch had I not been with Daniel:
This is what I ate instead. VERY happy with the nutritional content of all of the meals and snacks at the center!
In other news, Daniel is never moving out of our house. Here are some snippets of our conversation last night while I was snuggling in bed with D:
Daniel - "Why will I not live in this house when I grow up?"
Me - "Well, when you go to college you move out! It's awesome! People are usually very excited to do that!"
Daniel - bursts into tears. Not just small tears, either. Huge, shaking sobs. "But I don't want our family to be separated!!!"
Me - "Oh, sweetheart! It's okay. When you are grown up, it's usually really exciting to live on your own and have your own place. I will always be your mom, even if you don't live with me!"
Daniel - still deep, convulsing sobs. "But I want to live with you in this house forever!!!"
Me - "Oh, Daniel, you can live here as long as you want."
Oh yes I did. When D is 35 years old, still living in the basement and embodying failure to launch, you can blame me.


1 comment:
What a conversation!!! And we really need to go out and experience our shared loved of queso sometime soon. ;)
Post a Comment