Friday, March 15, 2013

Sweet Nothings

Yesterday was National Pi Today! (March 14th...) In two years, in 2015, Pi Day is going to be AWESOME! Will and I celebrated with some peach pie for dessert. The kids weren't brave enough to try it, but they did have a lot of fun cutting the pie into different pieces and talking about the fractions that were formed.


Daniel decide to make his "Cake in a Cup" - we had made the mix in Brownies the other night. The mix is:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Then, you add the liquid ingredients and stir it all up in a mug:
1 beaten egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil


After mixing up all of the ingredients, microwave it for 3 minutes (less time if you want a "gooey center"). Viola! Cake in a Cup. I would say it takes like a cross between brownies and cake. Next time, I think if we have some ice cream on hand it would be perfect. :)


Yesterday evening was the most glorious weather. It was over 70 degrees at 6 p.m.! Will and the kids all walked to Cico Park, which is about a mile away (I met them later after work). I just love this park. I remember it from when we lived in Manhattan when I was six years old, only the "CICO" letters and tepees seemed giant at the time.


Another thing I love about Cico is that it is definitely the most "old school" playground in town. Merry-go-round....cannons to climb on....a giant slide that is almost completely vertical. And the kids love it!


On the way home, we stopped at another playground right by the baseball fields. It is in between the main playground at Cico Park and our house, so about 1/2 mile from home. We are very lucky to be within walking distance to so many playgrounds, plus only a few blocks from the elementary school.


Annika was with us too, although I didn't get any good pictures of her. She rode her scooter instead of walking the old-fashioned way and was far, far ahead of us on the way home.

Today's high - 82 degrees!!! Will and I are both running the St. Pat's run tomorrow and it isn't supposed to get warmer than the 40s and raining. Ah, Kansas!

2 comments:

Dad said...

That bullet was dodged in our house. :-)!

Dad said...

Arg! This was for the earlier post amount staying in your house.