Sunday, August 12, 2018

What I Did on My Summer Vacation


School starts for the kids this week and it feels like summer is over. I was feeling a little wistful about all of the things we never accomplished this summer. We never had a sleepover in our backyard. We never played Frisbee golf. We still haven't purchased a home printer.

However, I looked at all of the items we DID check off our summer list and I have reframed how I am thinking about our summer. No wonder this was the fastest summer ever!!

✔ Go boating
✔ Annika MAC Camp
✔ Washington DC Trip
✔ Annika and Will painting class
✔ Will - eye doctor
✔ Amy donate blood
✔ Daniel have a sleepover
✔ Paint a painting and frame it
✔ Breckenridge Trip
✔ 4H Fair
✔ Do a Movie/TV Marathon
✔ Stay up all night (Both Kids)
✔ Will Florida trip
✔ Annika Learner Permit
✔ Bike ride to lunch
✔ 4H banner
✔ Host Friday Friends pool party
✔ Annika checkup
✔ Amy Iowa Writing Workshop
✔ Annika drivers ed
✔ Bake a cake
✔ De clutter Daniel room
✔ Grill and eat dinner outside
✔ Go to a Royals baseball game  
✔ 4th of July gathering
✔ Peggy family reunion
✔ Amy - 40 books read by end of summer
✔ Book Hawaii trip
✔ Go zip lining!
✔ Daniel MAC
✔ Annika STEM
✔ VBS
✔ Pool - new liner and open
✔ Daniel summer reading program
✔ Adam’s wedding
✔ Paris trip
✔ Annika summer reading program
✔ Branson trip
✔ Recycle all cardboard in garage and kitchen
✔ Bake cookies
✔ Memorial Day Cookout
✔ Daniel checkup
✔ Retire from Sunday School 

No comments: