Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Yet Another Weight Post


I have written extensively about my weight in the past, about how I have gained weight past the point where I am comfortable, but am famished anytime I cut calories or food groups to lose weight. What more could there possibly be to say? A bit more.

My scale is currently broken (and probably just needs new batteries since I have used it so frequently). I am honestly not sure what I weigh now, but looking at pictures of myself compared to photos from a few years ago, I can definitely tell I have put on weight.

And here is the thing - I am not sure if I care? All my recent blood work suggests I am healthy. I can still move in ways which bring joy. I need to do a better job of eating fewer processed foods, but that is more for health than weight.

I have been successful at losing weight in the past, but I have consistently been hungry every time I have restricted what I am eating. And, every time I lose weight and go back to eating according to my hunger cues, I gain back the weight I previously lost.

Maybe I would be healthier if I weighed what I did a few years ago. But maybe not. And being able to eat to satisfaction, to not be hungry, to walk around with a clear head and a sense of peace - that is worth a tremendous amount.

No comments: