
Today, courtsey of our craptastic insurance policy, we headed over to the county department to get Annika's scheduled immunizations, where they do vaccines on a walk-in only basis. Here's a recap of the fun:
- Time the health deparment opened: 7:30 a.m.
- Time that we arrived: 7:30 a.m.
- Assigned Number that we received upon arrival: 14
- Number of people we saw working there: 11
- Number of those people that actually gave immunizations: 1
- Time that our number 14 was called: 11:20 a.m.
- Number of shots that Annika received: 5
- Time that we finished: 11:40 a.m.
- Annika's handling of the whole situation: 100
5 comments:
Wow! Annika deserves an extra video this week for waiting 4 hours to get 5 shots. What a downer of a day!!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you had to wait almost four hours for shots -- how terrible!
Amazing that it could take 4 hours to get your turn!! I don't think my score would have even been a passing grade. Sounds like Annika showed lots of patience. Good for her!!
Yet...things that are less fun than waiting 4 hours: Polio, Meningitis, Rubella, ...
I've heard people arguing against vaccinations because they think it's linked to autism or witchcraft or something. I guess it kinda works if everybody else gets vaccinated.
Boring is boring though - go Annika.
Leaving out the 4-hour wait (which, um, sucked)....I have mixed feelings about mandatory immunizations. From a public health perspective, they are very positive for diseases like polio, that used to kill and disable thousands a year.
But chicken pox? No one is allowed to go to pre-K until they have received two rounds of immunizations against chicken pox (and immunizations, albeit slight, still carry risks/side affects). From a whole "individual rights" perspective, I have trouble with that.
Post a Comment