Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mr. Mom


[What, you don't think Will looks like Michael Keaton?]
This summer, I've been staying home with Daniel and trying to squeeze in work while he naps and at night. [Mantra of the PhD program - We have a flexible job. You can work whatever 80 hours a week you choose]. Needless to say, nothing around the house gets done.
Today, we traded places - I went to campus while Will stayed at home. And he is an awesome at-home person - not only was Daniel happy to spend time with Daddy, we had dinner waiting when we returned home, laundry was done again, food was bought, and Good Times Were Had By All.

2 comments:

Charlie Thornton said...

more shamu pix plz

I just did some math. If you worked 80 hours in a week, and slept 9 hours a day, that would leave a full 25 hours of relaxing me-time for eating, conferences with the kids, trips to the bathroom, etc. each week! That works out to a full 15% of your life spent on pure fun (e.g. laundry)!

My plan is to get an honorary PhD (and some buildings named after me) when I'm 46. I hear the first $50,000,000 is the hardest...

4 is More said...

[Smacks head] Duh, I didn't realize I was entitled to a full 15% of my life devoted to FUN.

We might go back to Shamu's place soon - I'll make sure to take more pics this time.