Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Board Game Mania


[In case you think that cover looks off, it is because they have CHANGED IT since we were kids. Hasbro executives, why must you mess with a good thing?]
Annika has become Game Obsessed. Our typical evening now goes something like this: get home, eat dinner, spend 1.5 hours playing every board game we own. She is really into Candyland and "The Ladybug game," and has picked up concentration really well. Not too surprising, since we own about 27 thousand different games.
What IS surprising is how much she wants to try the "'Dult Games," especially Cranium Turbo Charged. Annika likes the buzzer but doesn't quite get the concept - "I want a card that is YES." [If you have ever played Cranium, you are probably still searching for those infamous Yes Cards.]
And lest you think that only one of our children has a new interest, I present to you Daniel, Prince of the Spit Up. He can spot a new, unmarked outfit from a mile away. That is only matched by his ability to realize that you are barefoot, and hence spitting up is that much more pleasurable.
If they come up with a Spit Up Board Game, we are so there.

3 comments:

ksrunner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just saw your blog -- it's great! It's nice to read about what's going on with all of you.

It's very fun that Annika likes board games -- is she inventing her own rules yet? I know Megan likes to do that.

Have a happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Yes, 1 more person to do games with me!! I wish Drew & Devin liked them!! I can get Devin to do Are You Smarter than a 5th
Grader, sometimes.

Thanks so much for "4 is More"!