Being married to Will is the easiest thing I have done in my life. We were young, broke, naïve when we met and were first married. But Will completes me. He understands me in a way no one else ever has, often better than I understand myself. My life is easier because it is intricately wrapped into his. He is my lobster.
I am not the same person I was when I was 18 years old. I have put on weight. I am more confident. I go to bed earlier. But I feel like as I have grown and shifted and changed shape, Will has changed shape right along with me so we are just as tightly wound together as we ever were.
This Valentine's Day, I wish you love in your life. This love may not be in the form of a spouse or a romantic partner. But I wish you have someone whose presence in your life makes your existence easier, lighter, joyful. I wish you have someone who understands you better than you understand yourself. I wish you have someone whose entrance in a room makes you light up with joy. Because we are wired for connections - and having a deep connection with another being is the most spiritual experience I can imagine. I wish you love. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment