Today is Thanksgiving, a day of giving thanks and thinking about the importance of all of the immaterial blessings in life. Well. It is somewhat inappropriate that this post is on Stitch Fix, a service that is completely frivolous and materialstic...and I love it.
Stitch Fix is on online shopping service with a twist - you fill out an extensive online style guideline with your sizes, styles, and tastes. Then, a style guide assembles a surprise box of five items sent to you on a scheduled date. You pay a $20 styling fee that is applied to the cost of an item (so no fee if you buy an item). Any items that you don't want, you send back in a prepaid shopping bag within 3 days. If you keep all five items, you receive a 25% discount on the entire order.
I had seen friends of mine who have used this and was intrigued - shopping is super stressful for me, and I am horrible at picking items out. The reported clothing prices had held me back - selecting "lowest available" prices still results in clothes priced comparable to non-clearance department store prices, which is more than I would normally pay, but decided to go for it recently.
My order came yesterday and I drafted Will into being a photographer. This is on my phone so photos might be a weird size.
Item 1 - short-sleeved layering tee. Will thought this looked like something you could get at Target. I thought it was super comfy and soft and loved it. Verdict: YAY.
Item 2 - layering scarf. You can write a note to your style guide requesting certain items, and I said I owned no scarves and would love to add one to my wardrobe. Each Stitch Fix order comes with a style guide that shows pictures and suggestions of how to wear an item, and they had a guideline for how to fold the scarf. I love the texture and how it pops out. Verdict: YAY.
Item 3: Cardigan. This was again super soft and comfy, but very fitted. I loved how it felt and its slimming look. It might have been my favorite item. Verdict: YAY.
Item 4: Demin jacket. This is another item that I wrote about in my note to my stylist, since it seems really versatile. The card showed the jacket being with buttoned up, but people I asked agreed it looked better open. I loved it! Verdict: YAY.
Item 5 was a pair of jeans. These are "skinny jeans," which I don't currently own, and are tapered all the way through. They would be perfect with boots. Like everything else in the order, they were very soft and extremely comfortable. Verdict: YAY.
So, from thinking that I would just try this service out and hoping I could find one item to cover the styling fee, I have decided to keep all five items (the 25% discount for all put me over the edge). I loved how fun and easy it was to try on clothes at home...but most of all, loved having someone much more stylish than I surprise me and pick out clothes.
So my question of Yay or Nay on Stitch Fix is a huge YAY. And to that, I say, Hurray!






No comments:
Post a Comment