This is a hard blog to write.
With my children, I often get caught up in negatives, weaknesses, areas in need of improvement. I think anxiety drives much of this rumination - I love both of my children fiercely and want them to be happy in life, and when I perceive certain hurdles along the way, I agonize over these areas.
Here is what I have realized and is hard to admit: My children pick up on my anxiety, and this often translates into their OWN anxiety. Our kids are more perceptive than we think. If we are worried, they are worried.
One of the best gifts we can give our children is that of acceptance. To make them feel truly seen and valued without judgment. To cheer them on. To trust they will figure out their own path, even if it looks different from others. To embrace them without anxiety. To love them unconditionally for exactly who God created to be. For being loved and accepted is the best legacy we can bestow upon our children.

No comments:
Post a Comment