Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sister Date AND Kid Date

Julie and I had a long-awaited SISTER DATE on Saturday morning! Julie picked me up at 8:30 a.m. which is impressive because she had already run 16 miles that morning AND managed to squeeze in a shower. 


First stop: Early Edition for breakfast! The banana nut pancakes that Julie ordered looked divine.


I got the "healthy option" - super yummy, especially the fruit. They do not appear to have homemade English muffins like The Chef (the other popular breakfast joint in town), though.


Second stop: Target!! Alas, Target was a bust. I couldn't find anything to try on. Julie tried on about five different things that looked cute on the racks but weren't quite keepers after trying them on.


Third Stop: Manhattan Running Company. They were having a huge sale to celebrate their five-year anniversary and I got lots of SOCKS!! Julie had even better luck - socks, shorts (with THREE sets of pockets) and a top to wear at the Detroit Marathon in October.


Fourth Stop: Dillard's! We actually just walked through Dillard's to get through the rest of the mall but along the way, I found the softest and most comfortable-looking sleepwear, ever. After browsing all of the options with more and more glee, I am somewhat ashamed to say I spent a ridiculous amount on a pajama set that does not even match but has Unparalleled Softness.


Fifth Stop: Maurice's! This was kind of bust for Julie but I had the best luck....they were having an incredible sale and I managed to find a dress, a perfect fitting pair of jeans, and four tops for work, all for....only slightly more than I paid for the Mismatched Pajama Set. I think that Maurice's has to be my absolute favorite clothing store and I cannot believe it took me so long in life to discover it.


Sixth Stop: Long John Silver's. After all of this hard work shopping, it was necessary to stop and get some greasy food. My parents had come up for the day to visit and we picked up the largest family pack at LJS. We were both congratulating ourselves for this brilliant plan instead of trying to figure out what each individual person wanted. Oh, and I think we cleaned LSJ out of sauce containers with the ridiculous amount of sauces that we put together.


Grandma reading to Daniel at the Thorntons' house. :)


Seventh stop: Well, we didn't actually make this and it was past the time when our "sister date" had officially blended into "family hang-out time." Will ran out to Dairy Queen (unlike us, he is not too lazy to take individual orders) and brought back treats for everyone.


Sister Dates were not the only date action this weekend....on Friday night, we had a Kid Date Night! The kids have really loved this new tradition and have been asking for when we are going to have another one. Annika had a friend over for a late night and she got to join in with the fun, too. We had a pizza picnic in Annika's room and made our own ice cream sundaes.


Daniel briefly came up from his date with Will to join in on the ice cream action, too.


For Daniel's date with Will, they ordered a giant box from Pizza Hut and watched a movie on the couch together.


It looks like the only thing left to do is for Will and me to have a date together ourselves! ;)

No comments: