The Insect Zoo is normally closed on Mondays, but we arranged for a private tour with just the troop late this afternoon (plus Daniel, always the Honorary Girl Scout). Here they are, gathered around one of the cages - I think it might have been a tarantula.
The girls loved the collections of butterflies. Annika's favorite was the "eye-catching blue."
We also got to pet/touch different insects! In case you were wondering, a tarantula's abdomen feels just like petting a furry rabbit's stomach....
Our fabulous tour guide, explaining all about insects to the girls. I was impressed that she even had a copy of the Bug Badge guidelines for Brownies and tailored her presentation to that.
Here they are, listening in rapture. I would vote Annika as the most super excited and Daniel as a close second.
It's too bad that "bugs" isn't an activity per se because our kids would be all over that!!
The girls loved the collections of butterflies. Annika's favorite was the "eye-catching blue."
We also got to pet/touch different insects! In case you were wondering, a tarantula's abdomen feels just like petting a furry rabbit's stomach....
Our fabulous tour guide, explaining all about insects to the girls. I was impressed that she even had a copy of the Bug Badge guidelines for Brownies and tailored her presentation to that.
Here they are, listening in rapture. I would vote Annika as the most super excited and Daniel as a close second.
It's too bad that "bugs" isn't an activity per se because our kids would be all over that!!

No comments:
Post a Comment