
[Beware... this could happen to you]
Amy forgot to mention in her latest post that she was a victim of killer ants today. Before
Annika and I got back from dance class she went to the mail box with Daniel and had ants swarm her feet. Since she had the baby she couldn't do much beside run back to the house and set him down so that she could try to get them to stop biting her. She's now
slatherd up with Baking Soda paste and recovering nicely and we've killed off a dozen or more ants that
followed her inside. I'm amazed at how
aggressive the ants are here in Florida... I've had ants crawl all over me back in KC and had never been bitten until I moved down here. As
Annika said.. "Mommy needs to wear closed shoes" just like she has to at school because of the ant problem.
5 comments:
Ouch!! Were they fire ants? They are a Southern phenomenon that you guys wouldn't have seen in Kansas. They bite you and leave raise red welts that don't really itch, but can be very sore. Whenever I visit Mom I stare at the ground to look out for fire ant beds.
Oh my goodness! What kind of ants were they? I notice that the and in your picture is actually biting the person!
I hope Annika is OK :).
YES - they were fire ants! That seems to be the only kind of ant down here. The red welts hurt! And yes Julie, they actually BITE. Isn't that crazy for us Midwesterners?!?
Annika is okay. Thankfully, I am the one that gotten bitten, instead of her. :-)
Good heavens, how horrible!! Amy, you had a ways to run with Daniel! I remember a year or so back that you sat on a curb or something like that and got some ant bites while I was visiting! Another positive for Kansas!!
Oh, I'm sorry you got bitten! Somehow I misread and thought they were after Annika.
Post a Comment