Friday, October 24, 2008

I Voted!

Hey All! It's Will, Amy's been super busy with school this week and I figured I ought to update the blog of all the grandparents out there anxious for a grandchild fix.



As the title of the blog states... I voted this week. Florida has early voting and I took advantage of my flexible work schedule (and advisor being out of town for the week) by heading to the polls on Wednesday. I even got a sticker for my effort.

The kids are doing fine. Annika went to a classmate's birthday party today while I got stuck coaching soccer. We even had a post soccer meeting of the instructors to go over new drills while it rained on us. The only good thing is that it's Florida and the rain isn't cold. Heck, we're going to a Holloween Festival over in Winter Park tomorrow and they're going to be giving out free snow cones.

I have a couple of pictures to post of Daniel. One is his new tooth (it's hard to see, but you can just make it out sticking though the gum on his lower jaw.


The other is of him eating oatmeal cereal and grasping for more. (What can I say... the guy likes to eat)





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very cute picture of Daniel's showing an interest in eating. I do believe he has my appetite and the appetite of his great grandfather Rock.
I saw on the news tonight about problems with advance voting in Florida, but I don't know where. I'm glad Orlando's went smoothly.
Thanks for the help with the grandparent fix. I've seen enough kids in their Halloween costumes here that I was definitely in need of an update on the grandchildren.

Charlie Thornton said...

That shirt is 13 years old!

- Charlie

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!

The voting stickers look different this year.

Anonymous said...

Yep... the shirt is old, but not even near my oldest. I've got my 1992 regional soccer champs shirt that's still in regular use... the college freshmen at UCF were 2 years old back when I got it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Daniel's first tooth and we get to see it!! Long live this blog!! Will, I think you should do an ad for Tide the way your t-shirts hold up!! Larry & I are going to vote early this coming week. We wanted to feel apart of the excitement on Nov. 4th, but who knows, all of DeSoto may turn out!! I think Amy needs some chocolate chip cookies to help her through this busy, busy time!!

4 is More said...

Oh, I totally need cookies! :-)

I've had the same luck with clothes....still have (and wear) my high school T-shirts (hey, they are great workout shirts!). And we use cheap detergent. I think our clothes feel sorry for us.

Anonymous said...

I think my shirt longevity is owed to the fact that I have 5000 T-shirts and thus only have to wash them all once a month. You could say that they've only been "lightly laundered".

Anonymous said...

Some day I'd like to do a t-shirt quilt for you two! You just use the fronts! Since I have been working on my 1st quilt for the last 8 years, it's a good thing your shirts are lasting!!