Right now, The D is legally named "Daniel Alexander." But we usually call him "Daniel D" ('cause he is The D, after all). Today, much like our moment of epiphany when we decided on the first name of Daniel, Will and I thought, "wouldn't Daniel David" be a much better fit for him? Kind of like Dwight David Eisenhower, only way cooler. :-)
It turns out that it is really easy to change a baby's name. In Florida, all you have to do in the first year is file a "Correction to Birth Certificate" with the requested change. So it's not even a change - it's just a correction. Well, you mail that in, along with $20 (since the government isn't working for free) and then get a "corrected" birth certifcate in the mail - no need to actually see anyone in person.
So stay tuned - we might make all of Daniel's baby book paraphernalia obsolete!
(Oh, and the conference went well. But, you know, always something to stress about. I think I have same amount of stress no matter what and it just gets re-distributed! Hopefully the kids won't inherit that.)
When to Pivot and When to Stay the Course
4 days ago

2 comments:
So does that mean I'm too late to vote for Daniel Super-Funky Hageman? Darn it!!
That's pretty cool about the "correction" though.
More Eisenhower trivia: He was named David Dwight at birth, but called Dwight. He reversed his names in High School!!
Post a Comment