Friday, September 12, 2008

Soccer!

Yes, soccer has begun. I (Will) finally have my chance to brainwash Annika into liking the sport of my choice. Things did not begin well when we picked up our soccer uniform a few weeks back and Annika had a meltdown over their appearance. (They were not GIRL uniforms and she only wanted them to be LIGHT black... not DARK black). Thankfully she has been swayed into thinking they're cool now. We changed uniforms at Creative School and drove out to the soccer fields where I managed to get this picture:




[Soccer Annika]

We're in a special Soccer Skills Training (SST) program where the kids go from station to station playing games and leaning skills. I volunteered to be an instructor and got training and a spiffy blue shirt out of the deal. Today I was put in charge of running the scrimmage station where the kids got to run around and try to score goals by knocking over a wedge of cones placed at each end of the field. It was a pretty wild time, with the older kids going all out trying to score, and the little kids having no clue what was happening and running in circles or playing with the grass.

[Kick the ball THAT way!]


Annika had a great time and I got a pretty good workout chasing the kids around, so it was a pretty successful outing. Here are some more pictures:

[playing bulldozers and cranes]

[Dribbling the ball]



[Water Break]
[Daniel enjoying himself]


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog!! I love the pictures!! I love seeing Annika and Daniel!! It's as if I'm there!! Go soccer girl and coach!!

Anonymous said...

Phew! Glad to see Amy's not a hockey mom, so I can still vote for her some day.

Anonymous said...

Not to fear.... she dosen't wear lipstick either :)

Anonymous said...

But, but...somebody important told me that would make her a...pitbull! Oh dear!:)

Cindy Hill said...

I am glad to see that Annika now believes her soccer uniform is acceptable! See ya tomorrow :)

4 is More said...

So does this mean that if I want to be a Soccer Mom I have to start wearing lipstick?