Sunday, September 7, 2008

The One with the Photos

We are now able to download pictures off of my spiffy new phone and have remembered to bring our camera along.

We celebrated Will's birthday on Friday. Annika and I made a cake from a Betty Crocker mix. Annika wanted Will to have a "Powercat" cake (the indoctrination begins early) and Will figured out how to make a Powercat design with sprinkles.



I got Will a watch, while Annika wanted to get him a game. Specifically, a "game that I can play." Hmmm. In the spirit of the generosity, here is Annika playing with Hungry, Hungry Hippos (which belongs to Will). They have made the game much cheaper than when we were kids.



On Saturday morning, Annika had her first-ever swim lesson. It went really well. She is on the left-hand side of the kids sitting up along the wall (Daniel and I were chilling in the shade).



Daniel still can't roll over, but he can sit up! He can pretty much sit unsupported, and does quite well if he can have a hand for support. Here is he in his oh-so-clean room.



Just because Daniel can sit up doesn't mean that he doesn't still enjoy being held by Mommy....



or Daddy.



Today, we went to Sea World with our friends. It was a perfect day to go - the crowds have completely died out, and until we started heading out, the sun wasn't too hot. Here are the girls playing in the Splash Pad area in "Shamu's Happy Harbor."



Annika loves riding the "Sea Carousel." All of the "horses" are shaped like sea creatures, and they play a lot of Beatles music as redone for kids (including "Octopus' Garden").



In honor of Charlie, here are some more Shamu pix!



The girls were happy to cool off on our way out under a mist sprayer. Annika's mood perked up right away. "I'm cold! I'm cold!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Thanks so much!!

Cindy Hill said...

We had a wonderful time yesterday! I love the pic of Annika on the carousel. Boy was it hot when we left! Oh, and you are definitely correct about Hungry Hippo. The quality has definitely gone down :(

Bekah said...

Pictures!! Awesome! Rachel would be very proud of the indoctrination Powercat birthday cake...she puts her dogs in Powercat stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a neat phone/camera!!!! The pictures are just great and I love reading your blog! I was having blog withdrawal - checking for your newest entry!! I KNOW first hand how busy you are and so appreciate all of your 4 is More sharing!! I didn't realize that the Power Cat was "known" to Annika! Everyone a Wildcat!!! The UCF Golden Knights almost beat South Florida. Go Knights!! Isn't that something about Daniel following in his Dad's rolling over footsteps!! It was at 7 months for Will!! Love you all!!

Charlie Thornton said...

nice shamu pix, more plz ;)

What kind of camera phone is it?. I've been wanting a cell phone / camera, but I keep hearing that you have to pay to get the pictures out and the like.

(I think the difficulty level went up on my CAPTCHA. Yikes.)

Anonymous said...

The phone is a Samsung Stripe (T-mobile). The camera on it is pretty basic (640x480) resolution, but gets the job done for blog related stuff. (Not all the pictures are from the camera... just the cake, Hungry Hippos, Swim Lesson, and Daniel sitting up). The good thing is that even though T-mobile tries to rip you off by making you pay to send pictures off of your camera, you can by a USB cord for just a few bucks and download free software from Samsung that lets you transfer files to and from the camera as well as make your own ringtones.