Annika LOVED the tent. So much so that she went inside from the moment the grill stopped and wouldn't even come out to eat supper.
Will and Annika reading books in the tent, at night. They both slept the whole night out there. I don't think either one of them slept incredibly well, though - Will said he barely got any sleep and Annika actually fell asleep in the car this afternoon.
.JPG)
This afternoon, Annika went over to a playdate at her friend's house - she was in her class at Creative School last year, but is going to a different school this year. It was great for the girls to get a chance to play - they squealed in delight when they saw each other again. While Annika played, Will and I went to lunch with Daniel. Here they are, before Daniel grabbed Will's water and spilled it everwhere.
This afternoon, Annika went over to a playdate at her friend's house - she was in her class at Creative School last year, but is going to a different school this year. It was great for the girls to get a chance to play - they squealed in delight when they saw each other again. While Annika played, Will and I went to lunch with Daniel. Here they are, before Daniel grabbed Will's water and spilled it everwhere.
.jpg)

5 comments:
Auntie M & Uncle Sam will be so proud of the campers!! Will, I remember the first summer (1977) that you camped at Tuttle Creek Pond!! Auntie M & I wheeled your stroller to the beach area and we two had a great time as "beached whales", our own apt description! Amy, the best camping is in a Winnebago RV!!
Oh my gosh!! I'm so jealous! I always wanted to go camping in the backyard in a tent, but we didn't have one when I was a kid. For a while my parents had a pop-up tow-behind camper and we would camp in the driveway during the day, but Mom wouldn't let us sleep out there.
The camping out looks like so much fun!! We had a tent with a dirt floor when we were kids and had so much fun with it. Though we didn't sleep in it, we did sleep outside quite a few times on the farm, and it's nice that Annika could experience sleeping outside in the city.
Lots of fun camping stories! I think I must be lacking the "outdoor sleeping gene." Sleeping outside = hot + humid + bugs + hard ground + crammed in tiny tent + potential for rain. But it seems like it should be fun. :-)
You got those genes from me. I camp at Motel 6.
Post a Comment