I love my iPhone for many reasons, but one of the main ones is that we never have to bring a camera with us and can just take random pictures with my phone. A nice side effect of all of those random pictures is that I can remember what the heck we actually did this weekend. From looking at my phone, it appears that....
Daniel knows lots of sight words. Daniel wrote out for me all of the different words that he knows, including things like "h-a-v-e, have! That's from our song." Way to go, buddy!
Will and the kids helped on Friday night with the preparations for our church's service of decoration. Will is vice chair of the worship committee this year so was nominally responsible. Because I am an excellent servant, I came for dinner and then headed out to buy office supplies at Staples and go into work in an attempt to get my office re-organized.
Annika went to 4-H Project Day on Saturday. This was put on by the Riley County Extension Office, and they did craft and food projects with the kids.
Annika's good friend Emma was there, too.
So happy!
Annika made a snail, cat, and caterpillar out of bread dough, a sock snowman, and a jewelry holder out of a picture frame that she is planning to give as a gift.
Daniel (and Annika) loved their "fortune teller." Anyone who grew up in the 1980s undoubtedly remembers these, and they are just as cool now as then.
Annika read. And read and read and read. She is really into the Warriors series right now (about fighting cats) - there are 22 books and counting in the series and she is devouring them as quickly as she can.
Will attempted to grade. I should have attempted to grade, too, but will be doing that later tonight...
Our cats went crazy with the Zuzu pet.
We went to the PowerCat Grill to attempt to watch the Sporting KC final. Alas, it was not on any of the 60 TVs there, but Will begged them and they eventually turned it on to a tiny TV far away. We left about halftime and Will was thrilled by the way the game turned out in the end!
I thought the food was good and it was very family friendly, so I am sure we will be returning again soon.
Daniel had his first ever "friend" sleepover with his "Very Best Friend Collin." The boys were so very excited and it was just adorable to see the energy and excitement.
Annika's best friend Rachael slept over, too. This was awesome because Daniel for once was not turning green with envy.
I had December book group at our house! We missed my friend Deanna but all of the other gals were able to make it. We read the book Miracle on 34th Street and were going to watch the movie, but we ended up not seeing the movie (or really discussing the book) so that we had more time to chat and catch up. Love these girls.
I actually implemented an idea from Pinterest. I got supplies for displaying our Christmas cards and was excited to get our first card from Christine yesterday. We also sent out our own Christmas card and letter, so look for those to be arriving next week.
We woke up Sunday morning to snow. It wasn't supposed to be more than a light dusting but it continued snowing throughout the day. Nothing too bad at all, just really beautiful.
The actual Service of Decoration was in church today. Will is on the left here, helping to decorate the Christmas trees with Chrismons.
The kids are bringing up artificial poinsettia leaves from the pews to make a giant poinsettia (Annika is on the left with a white hat that she wore all during church. We weren't exactly dressed to the nines today...)
St. Nicholas visited and distributed potatoes.
I bought two pairs of the most comfortable boots ever. These are Ugg-ripoffs at Target and they are divine. You must go to Target to buy some. Right now.
I couldn't decide between two pairs, so I got both. This makes me inexplicably happy.
We had two birthday parties this afternoon. The first one was for Annika's friend Kelly and was held at our church; they helped tie and make blankets to donate to the Crisis Center. What a great idea! The second one was at our friend Annika's house (the "other Annika" as she is referred to in our family) who has turned the great big 6 years old!
She had a Cheetah-themed party, and her talented mom made the cake.
Giant cupcake pinata!
My buddy Kaia came over to be my "snuggle buddy" on the couch. Perfect night for sharing a blanket with a super cute toddler.
What did you do this weekend?



2 comments:
:)
Hey Ames. The boots look awesome.
This weekend, I went to an entertaining class (this is girlfriend-worthy gossip that we should catch up on sometime), passed out sandwiches to homeless people, sang in choir, bought tons of kids Christmas presents on Amazon (look for A&D's in a mailbox near you), went to a co-housing potluck thingy, wrote some Christmas cards, and hung out with my fabulous housemates. Oh. and Laundry. Which I still need to put away...
I think you know who this is.
xoxo
It could only be one person!! :) So glad you had a lovely weekend. We really, really need to catch up soon. Xoxo
Post a Comment