Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Highlights

I was telling Will tonight that I couldn't figure out why I was so exhausted considering that we hadn't really done anything this weekend. Will quickly set the record straight that we had actually done a lot and reminded me of everything:

- Friday night - baseball tonight with our church family friends, plus the Thorntons! This was $1 night and it WAS.INSANE. It was the 4th highest attendance record ever for the baseball stadium. We ended up on the north lawn near 3rd base where the kids could all run wild and have races rolling down the hill. Halfway through the game, we took a break to head to Vista for some burgers and ice cream, then headed back to see an awesome K-State victory at the end AND awesome fireworks.




Saturday morning - two of Annika's church friends came home with us from the baseball game and spent the night. Will made everyone the requisite pancake breakfast in the morning. Meanwhile, I got up at the crack of dawn to attempt to enroll Annika in Little Apple Day Camp (summer childcare). After arriving at 6:32 a.m., getting a number, going home for a while, coming back at 9:15 a.m.....I finally got her enrolled at 11:39 a.m. Thankfully, we were victorious and got her signed up for everything that we needed!



Saturday afternoon - Annika had a playdate for part of it, but for most of the rest of the day, we worked on cleaning up the lawn and reseeding the backyard. And by "we" I mean "95% Will." I was on Daniel and Kid Patrol though, which might give me an extra 5% productivity boost. :)




Sunday - today was primarily devoted to church. Sunday school, church service with an awesome performance by the always adorable Cherub Choir, then returned later in the afternoon for an organ recital at church on the newly refurbished organ and a late afternoon playdate with a church friend. Whew! Will and I were by far the youngest attendees at the organ concert this afternoon, which worked at well for the kids because they were the only ones in childcare when we dropped them off and they got to do whatever they wanted. :)


We are ready for another week and to kick off Birthday Month!

No comments: