Thursday, April 25, 2013

No Shampoo Challenge

So one trend in the past decade has been the No Shampoo Challenge:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-394226/Could-survive-shampoo.html

Essentially, you go for 6 weeks without shampoo. Your hair is supposed to acclimate after about 2 weeks. Will did this starting a couple of months ago and has noticed a huge improvement in his hair and scalp, and I think is set on the no shampoo bandwagon for life. (You still wash your hair with water, just not with shampoo.)

Since I love bandwagons, I decided to go in and give it a go.

Here is Day 2. Before beginning this challenge, I typically washed my hair every 2-3 days. This was normal. I felt normal.


Day 13. This is last night. I did NOT feel normal. Instead, I felt soooooo oily, like a greased-up pig. I could feel the oil dripping from my hair onto my forehead and all over the bed. I was convinced that we could have changed the oil in the car AND the van from what was in my hair.


Day 0. This is this morning. I gave in and decided that I couldn't take it anymore.


On paper, it seems like I would have been a good candidate because I have very poofy hair and the no shampoo time definitely de-poofed my hair. But I think it is better for people who naturally have a dry scalp. I am not sure how I would have survived as a pioneer in the 1800s before the days of shampoo.

2 comments:

Techno Mum said...

I'm with you! I have rather oily hair, washing it every day. I don't think I could make it 3 days without washing it!

Angela Bunger said...

I am with you Amy! I have to wash my hair every day it is so oily as well! Kudos to you for making it that long!!! :)