Saturday, May 2, 2009

Holy COW, It's Been a While

WOW. I knew that I wasn't doing very well at blogging, but I was thinking that it had been about 2 weeks. Time flies when you are....I'm not even sure what.

Here's some rambling facts on what we've been up to in April and beyond:

- Will had his official dissertation proposal on Thursday. He did really well!

- I turned over my entire dissertation to my committee on Friday with my advisor's blessing.

- Daniel is a TODDLER. With ALL CAPS. I don't know what happened - at the beginning of April, he was 11.5 months old, didn't know how to chew, moved rather slowly, and seemed destined for a lifetime of sipping milkshakes out of a straw and grunting at the back window. At the end of April, he was walking everywhere, CLIMBING EVERYWHERE, destroying everything in sight, and generally a Tornado of Activity.

- Did you know that it is possible for a barefoot toddler to climb up the curvy slide on the swingset in the backyard in 2 seconds? Or that if you turn your back for 20 seconds, he will push a chair to the counter, climb up the chair to the counter, and start banging on the stove burner? Neither did I.

- Along with that, Daniel moved up into the Toddler Class at his school this past week. He is eating all real food there and isn't using bottles during the day. (Praise God!) They are on a more regular schedule there, so he has been taking a good nap every day, and sleeps really well at night.

- Annika is gearing up for her dance recital in June. She has a "red costume." Her class will be doing a tap dance to "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." I think the performance will overlap with when Grammy and Gramps are here in June.

-Annika is registered for kindergarten! She is also all signed up for the after-school program next year.

- Our house is a disaster.

We had to reformat our computer yet again, but Will put some birthday pictures on Facebook that I will try to post. I promise, promise to send out pictures once I get them.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Thanks for the update, Amy!! A climbing toddler is worth extra points on a stress test, in my opinion. Way to go, to both of you, on your dissertation work.
We look forward to seeing you all in June.

Bekah said...

Holy schnikeys there definitely is a difference between boys and girls!

Nonnie said...

Wow, already in the toddler room!! So grown up, so fast!

The tap dancing number should be neat!! Do you know how her hair is suppose to be this time?

Way to go on the "dissertating"!

Cindy Hill said...

Hey Amy! You have given me a boost to go and update my blog. I don't think I have been on there since January! I guess I have time now :) Will miss everyone tonight! Have fun.