Will and I are sitting on the couch together, so what better time to make a blog entry than when we are together AND logged in to blogger.....
- Our friend Cindy (and Brian, but really only Cindy) just had her baby tonight!!!
- I'm annoyed with the snacks at Daniel's daycare. Morning snack: sugar cookie. Afternoon snack: chocolate chip cookie. Come on!
- Hmmmm. (That is a direct quote from Will.)
- Happy Birthday to Aunt Julie!! Looking forward to seeing Julie and Charlie on Thursday.
- Why do I need a turn? (Another quote from Will. Now you can see why his blog contribution is so high. :>)
- Annika is really enjoying "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. Remember those, from the late 1970s? We checked some out from the library and she LOVES them. I thought she would be freaked out about being eaten by piranhas, but no, now she wants to learn more about piranhas. Tonight, she told me a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story that she made up where I got to choose things like "was it an old or new castle?" (Of course, when I said "old," she said, "No, it was a new castle.")
- Annika really enjoys taking pictures with the camera. She is actually decent sometimes! Will showed her the zoom tonight and she is quite delighted by its features. I think the fact that it has an LCD screen that shows the picture really helps with the immediate gratification part.
- Daniel is a Whirlwind of Destruction (copyright Will). WATCH OUT! He will take the house down. I'm trying not to imagine life at 18 months.
Hope you are all doing well!!
When to Pivot and When to Stay the Course
4 days ago

4 comments:
I totally agree about the cookies - there should be a chocolate sugar cookie. Having the two separate wastes valuable cookie time.
I'm really glad kids still like choose your own adventure books. They're awesome! I have been afraid computers would wipe them out. Though it might be fun to make one up as a web page. Ooh, maybe Annika and I could make a choose your own adventure web site when we visit...that would be awesome. It could have a picture of a new castle!
I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure Books. I would sometimes go back a few decisions when I got eaten by piranhas, though.
I can't wait to see you this weekend!
Yay for whirlwhinds of destruction! And double yay for cookie snacks. OK, definitely not ready to be a parent.
So neat to hear how Annika likes the adventure books and is creating her own!! Will that replace her game of "saying the wrong thing" and then being corrected?
Wow, when I last saw Daniel the first of March he was just doing some crawling and kind of threatening to mess up whatever Annika was doing!
Post a Comment