Hi everyone!!
1. My mom went to the airport this morning to depart back to Kansas. We've had so much fun with all of our company! Unfortunately, we've had to completely wipe the computer now, so OF COURSE, no pictures..... .
2. I am home sick today. :( Am SO thankful that the kids are in daycare. I am curled up with the computer and think I would lapse into a coma if I had to watch the kids, too.
3. Will and I are making progress at school! Will got a draft of his dissertation proposal defense done and will be scheduling his official proposal very quickly - woo hoo!!! One of my committee members just asked me when I would be scheduling my final defense. GULP - I am so behind.
4. Daniel will be 11 months old tomorrow! He is doing much better at "crusing" - he can walk really well behind different push-toys, and can even turn them around when he needs to change direction.
5. Annika is, well, Annika. :) They have been talking about Caldecott Medal-winners at school, so she now thinks that any book with a medal on the cover is an award winners. She has dubbed these "Books That Are Great." We went to the Winter Park Library yesterday to find some more of these Great Books.
6. Will and I are constantly reminded by how much being a kid has changed since we were kids ourselves. However, with my mom and Brenda here, we were reminded that SO, SO much changed between our parents' time and when we were born. No running water? Outhouses? No car? Living on a farm? No television? No heat upstairs in the winter? Sharing a telephone line with other families?
7. Annika is really into hide-and-go-seek now. When we played in the past, she used to just hide wherever I had hidden the last time. Now, it is actually difficult to find her at times!
8. We're set to move Daniel to another daycare after he is a year old (and would be moving out of the baby room, which we love, at his present daycare). This new place has a MUCH more convenient location and a better program, but we feel guilty because we do still like where he is at. So have we said anything yet to the present daycare? Nooooooooo......
This is getting long....I hope that everyone is doing well and survived the Ides of March!!
When to Pivot and When to Stay the Course
4 days ago

6 comments:
Hi Amy, So sorry you are under the weather today. I hope you recover quickly!!
I've been hearing how especially beautiful the Shuttle launch was yesterday evening! I hope Evelyn got to see it.
We may make it to 80 degrees tomorrow!!
Feel better soon and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Annika and Daniel don't get it too. Will is on his own. :-)
Hi there! Yes, the evening launch last night was great! We all saw it at the parking garage. It was at dusk and really beautiful.
Thanks for the well wishes!! I hope you are all doing well.
I made it home from Orlando, with flights backed up in Orlando and Atlanta about an hour due to weather. It was fun seeing everyone!!
Annika and Daniel both looked older. When we were getting ready to go to see the Shuttle launch, Annika said, "I'm SO excited to see the shuttle!" (she really meant it too). Daniel is great at getting around, and close to being able to walk.
I hope you feel better soon, Amy!! I'm sorry you are sick. :(
Thanks for the update! I hope you feel better soon.
I love that "sharing a telephone line" was the difference that you chose to highlight in your list. I could share a phone line...but outhouses are another story. :p
Well, I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek. :-) Although if you think about it, now everybody has at least 3 cell phones each.
Post a Comment