Saturday, January 24, 2009

IKEA day

Today after swim lessons, we headed to IKEA to check out the world of Swedish home decor. I have to admit that Amy and I are now IKEA converts. First of all the store, has a self contained play area/babysitting area for kids. Annika had a great time playing in the ball pit (I think it's the only place I know that still has one) and watching SpongeBob from a cushioned loft. Meanwhile, Amy, Daniel, and I walked though the showroom and store and were given a pager in case Annika needed us (or got busted for throughing balls in the ball pit), but thankfully it wasn't needed. They had all kinds of cool stuff that we wish we'd known about before Daniel as born, like changing table/bookshelf/cabinet/wardrobe combinations that were reasonably priced.

We snagged a bunch of cheap Swedish cookies, chocolate, jam, stuffed animals, and cool bowls and bibs for Daniel. In addition to the shopping, they also had a restaurant that served great food (we loaded up on the Swedish meatballs and were amazed at the $0.99 kids meals). They even sold organic baby food that Daniel enjoyed. Annika was actually sad to leave and wants to go back (I can't think of another furniture store that would get that reaction). What can I say... the Swedes know what they're doing.

[Hanging out before swim lessons]

[Amy and Daniel before leaving for IKEA]

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I looooove Ikea! I got all sorts of stuff there and always have to stop for an ice craem cone before I leave. They are only $1!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like IKEA is a really fun place to go. It's nice Annika could enjoy a ball pit again. Daniel is really growing and always looks so happy. I miss seeing the kids in person, but the blog helps. Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Another place to check out!! I haven't noticed one in the area, but I'll google it!! How are the swim lessons going?

Cindy Hill said...

I am glad ya'll liked IKEA! Aren't the Swedish meatballs yummy! There cinnamon rolls are good too (another $1 item)!

Anonymous said...

I love ball pits!

What does "IKEA" mean?