Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This One's for Bekah

Truthfully, Will and I have *no* idea where we will go when we are both done with school. I promise everyone that we aren't holding out on you - we will literally go wherever we both have jobs!

But because it is more fun than actually working on getting done, we like to talk about ideal situations and geographic areas. Will captured this in a map of the country:

(*Note - I would put staying where we are now in Orlando as right after going back to Kansas in order of priority. The ranking is more for the *rest* of Florida.)
I think it is a Freudian slip - can you guess what part of the country Will forgot to rank??

9 comments:

Cindy Hill said...

We would love for ya'll to stay here!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the #1 spot!! Seriously, I love that the whole country is at "your doorstep"!! The possibility of you all going global has crossed my mind too. You might need to put up the world map!! It truly is a joy to watch you two!! I know your move to Florida was "interesting" and look how neat it has become!! (Remember the water break during the showing of your Olathe house!!)

Bekah said...

DUDE!!! You left out So Cal?!?! Since Will didn't rank that part of the map, I feel that it's up to me to rank it. My ranking is a 0.5 which makes it a higher priority than 1. HA!

Bekah said...

Does this also mean that Hawaii and Alaska are out? No surfing in Annika's future? No furry little Eskimo suits for Daniel?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good map! That's fun :)

It looks like you left out SoCal, and Indiana also appears to be unranked.

Go area 1!

Charlie Thornton said...

I was thinking San Diego was in region 4... I'll tell you what though, looking at area 2 made me feel very cold. Too cold. Gah.

Anonymous said...

I guess SoCal could be seen in area 4...but then Mexico would be too.

4 is More said...

Awww....you are all so sweet! I am guessing Will would have rated So Cal lower had he remembered, but I think that the fact that it has: (1) great weather and (2) Bekah outweighs the fact it has (3) crazy high cost of living.

Indiana is in Region 2. It got forgotten and then "added" to it. ;-) Yeah, I guess we are biased toward the Lower 48.

Living in Florida has really been a great experience for us. I remember thinking when we first moved here about what a terrible mistake we had made. Now, in the midst of our 4th year here, I love it and would love to stay (esp. if we could move to OVIEDO!). But it's also given me confidence that anywhere we go can become home.

N said...

If you move to Colorado I would luurve it. :)