Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Daze

It's Back to School time - for everyone, since Daniel only went to school twice last week due to all of the Fay-related school closings.

This school year promises to be more chaotic than in the past. To start with, we have two kids in "school" (doesn't "school" sound much better than "daycare facility"?), and in two completely different schools far apart from each other at that.

Moreover, we now have an activity scheduled every.single.night.of.school. These don't all start up tomorrow, but once they are in full gear it will be....

Monday - bell rehearsal for me
Tuesday - dance class for Annika
Wednesday - parenting small group at church
Thursday - choir practice for Will
Friday - soccer for Annika
Saturday - swim lessons for Annika (just during September for now, but we'll see)

At least we can avoid turning out like The Bernstain Bears and Too Much Pressure by not having overlapping activities on the same day. The Overscheduled Family, here we come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your first week back goes well!

Did you ever figure out whether the data could be recovered from your computer?

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Annika!!! I always wanted to tap dance and learn how to swim!!! Soccer wasn't thought about in the 50's!!!
Hang in there!!

4 is More said...

Haven't heard yet - hopefully we will hear on Monday. I'm feeling oddly hopeful about it, even though there's no support for that!

Charlie Thornton said...

All right. We've got the girl in soccer. I think we can all breath a collective sigh of relief. :)

I think eating cookies helps with scheduling. Cookies. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. We should all eat 3 cookies - possibly I just want a cookie.

- Charlie