The Summer Olympics are here! I cannot even begin to express how exciting this is. Swimming! Diving! Women's gymnastics! Men's gymnastics! Track and field! Air riffle! (Yes, I love
all Olympic sports.)
We're trying to convince
Annika that she should be excited, too. So far, she isn't completely buying it, although she did watch diving and some of the women's gymnastics with us yesterday. "The gymnastics girl is very good," she said about a clip of Shawn Johnson. "She is the very best gymnastics girl because she is 9 years old." We explained that no, you actually have to be 16 (supposedly) in the year of the Olympics.
Later, Whale and Dolphin engaged in some Olympics dueling of their own. "Dolphin is the best gymnastics girl because he is
sixty years old." "No, Whale is because he is
seventy-one." Obviously, gymnasts get better with age. And are only girls.
Daniel has not been getting into the Olympic Spirit and has been a major
Crankhead. I really don't think he slept
at all during the day yesterday. But at least he sleeps through the night!
6 comments:
I have been enjoying the Olympics as well. I think Brian is on Olympics overload :) I hate to tell him that we are only going on the third day! Savannah loves the diving! She watched the trials with me (like, 5 hours total) over a couple days. She likes the gymnastics however I do not think that she has much hope at being a gymnast seeing as though she is forcasted to be 5'10. Can you believe the 33 year old woman on the German gymnastics team! Good for her!
Is there a gold medal in the Olympics for Crankhead-iness? Daniel might have a shot at winning that one.
Will and I went to bed last night around 10:45 p.m. I wrote this in the morning before checking anything. I can't believe we missed the 4x100 relay! All right, in case something exciting happens late at night, we will not be going to bed early the rest of the Olympics. :-)
Cindy, if Brian gets tired of it, you just come over to our place. :-)
Hey, Nonnie and the dophin share the same "young" age!! I saw the 4 x 100 relay!! Of course we are an hour earlier here!! Try the secret weapon (umbrella stroller)on Daniel!! You can just go back and forth in the same spot as you watch the Olympics!!
I love reading all of Annika's quotes! Although, she may have a point about the ages of some of the Chinese girls...
I'm so excited by the Olympics, too! It's really messing with my sleep, though, since I usually go to bed at 9 :p. I'm already bummed that I went to bed before the swimming relay last night, although I did watch it online today. Now I'm determined to stay up and watch everything! :)
I hear you about messing with your sleep....I am SO.TIRED today after staying up late. This whole EST is really kicking my butt!
Post a Comment