Annika can count to 99. After that, it's "ninety-nine, tendy." Um, tendy? Don't you mean one hundred? "No, Mama. Seven-dy, eight-dy, nine-dy, ten-dy."
Reading books about kittens has really solidified that Annika wants a kitten, too. Seeing them at the pet shop this weekend didn't help. "Someday, we should get a little kitten. Maybe for Christmas." For those of you that remember the time when Audrey and Sophie lived in the same house (before Sophie was rescued by my sister) might think this is not the best idea. When told that one of the many reasons we were not getting a kitten is that Audrey would not be nice at all to said creature, Annika countered, "But if we get a little baby kitten, then Audrey will be his mom." Even better, "I will teach the kitten some tricks when Audrey is not around." That'll teach her!
In other news, Daniel started daycare yesterday at a church childcare center! Will took him and picked up up since I had an all-day seminar to attend. Daniel reacted by sleeping a bunch of the day, including (an unprecedented) consecutive 3-hour stretch. Today, Daniel's school, along with our college and all of the school districts, were closed due to the "tropical storm." Hmmm.....so far, we've gotten less rain than on many afternoons.
When to Pivot and When to Stay the Course
4 days ago

4 comments:
The most ridiculous thing about this whole school closer is that they are closing school again tomorrow (at least in Seminole County)!!! I am glad that it sounds like Daniel did ok on his first day. How did you do?? :)
Oh my goodness, you are right!!!! I just checked and while Orange County and UCF both have school tomorrow - Seminole County does not! Since Daniel's daycare follows the Seminole County schedule, then he will be closed again! This is utterly ridiculous.
Well, I think it was good that Will took him. :-) I was pretty emotional. Hopefully once we get into an actual routine it will get easier.
I love Annika's counting rules! She's really got a point about ten-dy.
Audrey might actually be OK with a kitten (not that you want to get one :p). Sophie hated dogs, but since Daisy was a puppy, she treated her differently.
I'm glad Daniel did well at school! I hope you enjoy your second hurricane day :).
That is so sharp: ten-dy!!
Post a Comment