Saturday, August 2, 2008

10th Year Anniversary Celebration

This past week has been a little hairy, with me preparing to leave for a 5-day trip tomorrow morning (YIKES) and actually getting ready to present several papers (DOUBLE YIKES). Will's mom, the wonderful Nonnie, has arrived to stay with Will & Co. while I am gone. And last night, Will and I were blessed to be able to celebrate our 10th year wedding anniversary (okay, we are a week early...but that is just margin of error!)

We went to Downtown Disney last night and saw Cirque du Soleil® Orlando. We'd heard about this for years and finally got a chance to partake! I'd definitely recommend it.

This got me thinking about the past 10 years and what we did to celebrate all of those milestones. Sadly, they all involve food. Because who doesn't love food?

1st - We took a trip to DC as more of a "real" honeymoon than our abbreviated St. Louis excursion. On our anniversary we went to the "very classy" TGI Friday's (my first time there).

2nd - Drove to Topeka to eat at the Olive Garden. I was turning 21 in 20 days....but still couldn't drink yet.

3rd - I was out of town at a conference in Atlanta. When I got back, we drove to Junction City to eat at the Cracker Barrel (yea, classy us!).

4th - We were both interning in KC that summer. We went to the ever-yummy Jack Stack BBQ in Martin City.

5th - We were vacationing in New York City with my sister and BIL on the Coolest Vacation Ever. That day, we all went out to Coney Island. In the evening, Will and I saw a show (I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change!) and ate Thai food afterwards at a really crappy place. I didn't know it yet, but was pregnant with Annika.

6th - Annika was 3.5 months old. She accompanied us to the Olive Garden right by our house.

7th - We had just moved to Florida days ago. The 3 of us went to Olive Garden, where Annika proceeded to throw breadsticks over her shoulder. Decide to nix "fine dining" with a toddler.

8th - Will and I went to a local Vietnamese place over our lunch hour, sans Annika (see Year 7 above).

9th - We headed out to the classiest place of all over lunch: Logan's Roadhouse. I had just returned from the same conference I am going to tomorrow, and had just found out I was pregnant with Daniel.

10th - Cirque de Soiel! For our "actual" anniversary next Friday, maybe we'll hit Wendy's to celebrate with the restaurant we ate at on our honeymoon night. ;-)

9 comments:

Todd said...

better not go for the classic double at Wendey's Will ;)

Anonymous said...

That 6th year I was suppose to babysit Annika and I had to call you two back to DeSoto because my Nonnie magic wasn't working!! I'm so glad that I could babysit last night for your 10th with no call backs!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to type in my name!! Anonymous is Nonnie!!

4 is More said...

Oh yes, how will I ever live down my meltdown over Will's oh-so-expensive ordering choice at Wendy's. :-) I'm thinking he should totally get one this year. Good times, good times.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary soon! I am so impressed that you remember what you did each year...if I think really hard, I might be able to remember what we did for our anniversary THIS year :p.

By the way, I completely agree that the NYC trip was in fact the Coolest Vacation Ever.

I hope your conference goes well! I bet your presentations will be great :).

Anonymous said...

I'm definately going for the classic double at Wendy's. All the best mistakes are worth repeating.

Bekah said...

I love that all your anniversaries involve food...Amy's right, it is one of the best parts of life.

Ames - I'm so glad we got to meet up for supper tonight!!

Brian Hill said...

Congrats on 10 years, you two!

Cindy Hill said...

Congratulations on 10! I hope you enjoyed the show.