his should be a blog entry, but I’m tired and the computer is in another room, so you get half-baked thoughts from my phone instead. š
We (at least me) sometimes feel so much pressure to be all things to all people all the time. But we can’t. We aren’t good at everything. We don’t enjoy everything. We burn out if we take on too many tasks that deplete us.
I do not enjoy cooking. But I love to bring gift certificates and ready-made food if that is helpful.
I do not enjoy driving. But I love to walk with anyone who wants a listening ear.
I do not enjoy decorating. But I love to text people to check in.
I do not enjoy corralling large groups of children. But I love to take minutes at any committee meeting.
So if you are beating yourself up for not being able to fulfill every need in every role, fear not. We are all wired differently. What depletes me recharges many - and what a wonderful blessing that is!
That’s it. That’s the pseudo-blog entry. Love you all and good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment