Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I successfully made it home from New Orleans before noon today - flying into Manhattan is awesome when everything goes smoothly. ;) The weather here in the Little Apple is absolutely gorgeous - 63 degrees this afternoon with clear blue sky and almost no wind. We took advantage of this crazy springlike day by going to City Park this afternoon.

City Park is known for its giant Johnny Kaw statute (a Paul Bunyan ripoff).


Daniel was really excited to run around.


Annika's favorite part was the rock climbing wall.

Daniel really enjoyed the giant climbing web of ropes. "I am not scared anymore! I am fearless. That means I am very cool."

Annika kept trying to get me to climb up with her. I did make it about halfway, but Will was successful. ;)

Later, Annika and her friend Ira had great fun playing in our backyard, where they rigged up a bunch of bungee chords, climbed a tree, and picked "berries". Sadly, I didn't think to take a picture. ;) Due to our awesome parenting, we set Daniel up to watch his new favorite movie, Return of the Jedi. We were marveling at how enthralled he was with the movie and finally took a peek:

1 comment:

Brenda said...

How was the getting down part for both of them?? Last year a nice daddy volunteered to help Annika down! On second thought I think I asked him!