Good news: We had a wonderful trip to the Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson with the whole family, plus Annika's great friend Ira and Will's Dad.
Bad news: Our furnace is dead and we need a whole new HVAC system (boo! hiss!).
In short, the Cosmosphere was awesome. It is a huge museum with tons of space artifacts, plus an IMAX, planetarium, science lab, more space artifacts...Neither Will nor I had been there since elementary school (when the Cold War was still going on). It is even COOLER than we were kids - they have tons more items, not to mention a very large Soviet collection of different space artifcats. Highly recommended if you are ever in the area!
Waiting for the movie to start - we saw Tornado Alley, narrated by none other than Bill Paxton. :)
The entrance!

Viking I!
Will sitting in a seat from an actual capsule. :)
Annika and Ira - best buds! They were waiting for the planetarium show on the "night sky" to begin.
Three generations of Hageman men!
Our trip to Hutchinson was especially enjoyable because the cosmosphere has heat. Our house currently does not. We returned home Friday night to discover that our house was 58 degrees with no hot air circulating. Will called a furnace repairperson who was there a long time and was stumped, saying things like "I've never seen anything like this, and I've been repairing furnaces for 25 years!" But it looks like it is a gas leak that is causing the unit to blow out its own pilot light. The A/C system is also screwed up and it looks like we need a whole new HVAC system. Bummer.
At least we are having an incredibly mild winter so far - can't imagine what this would be like last winter, when I think it stayed about -10 degrees for months. :)





1 comment:
How fun!! I remember Will's first visit to the Cosmosphere. I think it would have been 1980 or 81 when he was 4 or 5. So neat to see you all having such a good time!! Keep warm!
Post a Comment