Friday, October 11, 2013

Our Weekends in Review

We have had lots of adventures these past four weekends!

Weekend #1 - Visited Kansas City! Daniel's dream came true and he finally, finally got to visit Worlds of Fun, after hearing Annika describe its awesomeness in great detail from her many trips there through Little Apple Day Camp. 











The next day, Will and I ran in the Plaza 10K race. I would highly recommend this race - very well organized and a great route. Will ran a 49:52, a new record! (This was also his first 10K race, but he was still blazing fast.)




We stayed with Nonnie and Pa but got to hang out with Grammy and Gramps on Sunday after the race. The kids then got to enjoy one of their favorite activities....fishing!





Weekend #2 - Relaxed at Home! After being gone the past three weekends in a row, it was great to have some time to chill and get caught up around the house. Oh. And I also convinced Julie to go shopping with me to buy make-up. ;)



The kids had so much fun with the fort that Will made at Rock Springs ranch that they made another one at our house when their friends came over.


The Thursday before the weekend, the whole family went to see Book 2 of the Intergalactic Nemesis Show: Robot Planet Rising! The kids loved it, just as they did Book 1 last year (Target: Earth).




Sunday evening we had our church's fall festival out at the Lazy T Ranch! It was an absolute blast and I wish I had taken more pictures. A couple of Annika's friends from mother/daughter book group also came with us!






Weekend #3 - Running and Celebrations! Saturday morning was the Body First Fitness Challenge out at Anneberg Park. I cannot say enough good things about this event. It is a fun run for kids that functions as a fundraiser for the local schools based on students' participation. Annika ran the 1/2 mile and Daniel ran the 1/4 mile and they both tried hard. :) And Bergman earned $868 and was the #4 school in total participation!






Right after the fun ran, we met at the Thorntons' house for a very special event...Greg's second birthday party!! I cannot believe he is two. He is just too adorable. I did not get a picture of this, but the cutest part of the day was seeing Greg push his much older cousins around the cul-de-sac in his new wagon. :) Happy Birthday, Greg!! We love you!




Sunday morning was a super exciting event...the inaugural Konquer the Konza 25k Trail Race!! This was a race held out at the Konza Prairie that Will ran with a bunch of the guys at church. Will did awesome, coming in at 2:27 (about a 9:31 pace for the 15.5 miles over a bunch of really hilly and uneven terrain), and did not get to claim the last place award that he had claimed would need to be pried from his cold, dead hands. ;) Great picture of the guys before and after the race!



Weekend #4 - Conference in San Diego! Well, for me, that is. ;) My plane left at 6:15 a.m. on Friday morning (thankfully in Manhattan that means that I did not actually leave the house until 5:20 a.m....), so I got to see a very special 4th grade performance of Annie on Thursday night. Annika was an orphan (without the boa) and a servant (with the boa).




I arrived in beautiful San Diego Friday morning for one of my favorite conferences with some of my favorite people...great friends, great sessions, and great weather! The hotel where I said and where the conference was held was also super fancy and unique.





While I was gone, the family did awesome things, like eat apple slices without the peel.


And draw pictures. (Can you believe that picture below is Daniel's?!? He has come so far in his interest and ability in drawing in just a few months!)


And finally, unrelated to a weekend, but the kids' school pictures have arrived. I am completely biased and will say that they are absolutely precious.




We're off to Wichita this weekend....stay tuned for our adventures there! ;) 

No comments: