Saturday, July 11, 2009

Words and Work

Daniel is really starting to talk more! Now that he has mastered eating four-course meals, running at full speed, and climbing up any vertical object, he's decided to turn his attention to the fine art of speech. Will and I came up with the words he is saying - he's a social little guy!

Daniel's Words

All Done
Up
Here You Go
Thank You
Hello!
Hi!
Bye-bye!
Uh-Oh!
Yay!
Mama
Dada
Kitty
Annika

And on a completely different note, I found a hilarious description of the Top 10 Worst Jobs on one of the blogs that I read:

http://science-professor.blogspot.com/2007/12/top-10-worst-jobs.html

This got me thinking - I have had aspects of a lot of jobs that I didn't like, but I have never had a "bad" job. Even my first job, where I contracted some weird nail fungus (because people in the 1870s didn't wear gloves...), was actually an awesome gig at a museum where I had worked for the whole previous year for free and was now getting paid.

What is your worst job ever?

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

Hurray for Daniel!!
My worst job was my first ever day of substitue teaching: a 5th grade the day after their male teacher quit and it was their Halloween party!!

Cindy Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Hill said...

I would have to say my worst job would be McDonald's. It really was not that bad but my only other jobs were a craft store (so me) and then the rest related to teaching or working with kids.

Daniel was cracking me up yesterday. You turn your back for a second and when you turn back around he is standing on the table :)

Grandma said...

I worked one summer during college at a motorcycle helmet factory. It was a sweatshop, very loud, with the smell of glue, and plenty of grime to go around. We came im at 6 or 7 am, worked 6 days a week, and had lots of overtime in the evenings. Jobs were few at the time, and we appreciated the minimum wage we were paid.

Daniel is quite the talker. Thanks for sharing his words!

julie said...

That's great that Daniel is talking now! His words are all very cute.

My worst job was actually the internship at the US Attorney's office. Shredding paper for 8 hours at a time is not very exciting...

4 is More said...

Wow, I think that Mom officially has The Worst Job Ever. I think that Factory Work + Minimum Wage = Pure Torture!