Friday, July 24, 2009

Kiddo Speak

Overheard around the house this week.....

Annika: "Mama, I wish I had a green iris like you. Because green is my very favorite color." Then later, "Maybe someday my blue iris will turn green."

Daniel: "Aaaaaaaagghhhh!" (said in a very happy, joyful voice, especially when standing on top of a table).

Annika: "I just can't stop asking questions. It is very hard to stop talking. I cannot stop asking questions because it is too hard."

Daniel: "Up-ba?" (obviously, "up" is a two-syllable word. He states it first as a question and it quickly spirals into a demand).

Annika: "I am so very happy that we joined the Y. There are two Ys. One is in Oviedo and one is in Blanchard. The one in Oviedo has a top on the pool, and the one in Blanchard does not have a top on the pool. When can we go to the Y? Can we go right now?"

Daniel: "No. No No. Eeeehh!" (you can have whole conversations with Daniel, asking him a whole serious of questions with his opinion. "Yes" means "the absence of no.")

Annika: "An iPhone is a half-phone, half-computer. It is things for computers and things for phones. Can I play the paper-toss game on your iPhone? Can I spell Annika H. on the iPhone? Can I take a picture of you on the iPhone?"

Daniel: "Baaaaaaaa!!!!!" (a super-duper wuper excited voice, said while running around with the iPhone, chewing on the carrying case.)

What have you overheard in your world this week??

5 comments:

Grandma said...

This was so precious!! I can hear Annika and Daniel "talking" as I read the dialogue. Thanks for sharing it!

Bekah said...

Oh my gosh...Annika is SO your kid! She must be unbelievable fun at this age.

Charlie Thornton said...

I'm reminded of the first couple chapters of Hard Times... :P

Unknown said...

Colorado Cousin speak:

Pete: I'll stay on this side. (When we first came in yesterday, he's a shy one, staying on the other side of the counter.)

Stephanie: I like these bones (ribs).

Spencer: Hadley died yesterday. (Ryan's hunting dog. He had was around 12 and was having seizures.)

julie said...

I just now read this, but that was hilarious! I love Annika's "can't stop talking" one. :p